We know that the keywords, description, robots signal all are a very vital part of SEO. These all are using by Meta tag and it is the most important code to turn your website as crawlable, indexable in search engine. This tag (meta tags) decides the appearance of your website and directly-indirectly affect you on-page seo.
Different types of SEO-Friendly meta tags:
1. Meta character set:
The meta character set attribute helps the browser to encode the website’s data as machine-readable. An example, we used the standard Unicode-based character set “UTF-8” or “ISO-8859-1” which can encode many languages.
Example:<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=utf-8″ />
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1″>
2. Meta Language:
The meta-language tag always helps the search engine robot-crawlers to understand the main language that you used in your site.
Example: < Meta Name = “Language” content=”en-US”/>
3. Meta Keyword:
This is a vital meta tag for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The keyword helps it easier to search engines in understanding the categories of your website. At first, you understand the keyword and then try to make a meta keyword format for your website. These keywords are coming from your website header or the main topics of your content.
Example: I write some content on lifestyle, so I can create a keyword set like a lifestyle, daily health, beauties, food diet, exercise and I turn it into a meta format —–<meta name=”keyword” content=”lifestyle, daily health, beauties, food diet, exercise”>
4. Meta Description:
A meta description can increase or boost the traffic on your site. The meta description is shown below the title and link at SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). So, make an attractive meta description that shortly describes the page’s content and help the user to understand that how much relevant your content is, as compared with their perfect search result. In can help you to increase your page CTR (Click Through Rate).
How to make a meta description for SEO:
In the above, I mention the meta description is shown at the bottom of your page’s title and link (URL) in Search Engine Result Page (SERP). So to earn the attraction of searchers, you should create a strong descriptive meta description. This description is not used by search engine to boost your website’s rank but it can help passively to increase your CTR by attracted the searchers.
- 155 – 160 Characters: Write the description within 155 to 160 characters.
- Make it descriptive: Make your description as descriptive which shortly clears the gist of your content.
- Contain title, keywords, and content’s words: The description’s word should contain the title, keywords, and content’s word which would be the main top of specific content.
- Sentence: Write a description within one or two sentences.
- Content header: Make sure that your description is related to your content header.
5. Robot meta tag:
In SEO The robot tags carry the behavior of your page in a specific zone. By inputting the robot meta tag, your website considers to make specific permission for a search engine, all search engine, or disallow the search engine to a specific zone in crawling the specific part of your website by the search engine crawler or spiders or robots.
This tag has some direction or value for search engine:
- Follow: This value clears the permission to search engine in following all of the links of the website.
- No follow: By that the search engine will not follow the page or it’s all links.
- Index: This value indicates that the search engine crawlers can index the whole page and its data.
- No index: The value is helping the website in non-indexing the website or its page in search engines.
- Og:title – This is the title of a webpage or content. The “og:title” should not be above 60 characters.
Example: <meta property=”og:title” content=”Title Here. Keep it within 60 characters” />
- Og:description – This (og:description) is the description of your web page or content. It should not be more than 150 characters for Facebook and 200 characters for twitter.
- Og:site_name – “og:site_name” is the name of the site you shared.
- Og:url – “og:url” is the URL of your page.
- Og:image – This is the URL for an image that (the image) you want to show in the shared platform.
- Og:type – the “og:type” is for the description of a content type, it will be an article, video, image, website, etc.
- Og:admin – This (og:admin) tag is specially used for Facebook. This tag using the Facebook numeric user ID, or a list of user IDs.
Example: If you want to make your site indexable in all where, follow this robots meta tag–<meta name=”robots” content=”index,follow”>.
The viewport meta tag operates to controlling the view-port of a page structure and its layout. In Search Engine Optimization, the view-port should be a mobile, tablet, desktop-friendly to perfectly fitting the page at all of the universal devices.
Follow this standard meta viewport tag: <meta content=’width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1′ name=’viewport’/>
The author tag is used to refer to the author’s name on the page.
Example: <meta name=’author’ content=’James’>
8. Site Verification:
To get an ideal rank on SERPs, you need to verify your site on Google, Bing, etc. This verification is possible by meta tag.To verify your site Google also used DNS Verification, external file, or link with your Google Analytics Account. But the Bing Site-Verification is complete with an XML file or Meta tag. If you are not doing so, first complete this verifications.
Example of Bing Site-Verification: <meta content=’Your verification code’ name=’msvalidate.01’/>
9. Open Graph:
The Open Graph or OG Meta tags provide a service of control the sharing on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. By added these tags, the website does not directly affect the on-page SEO, it can passively do something more – can improve the performance of the site’s description, title, link, image, etc in social media. Generally, the open graph (OG) title, description, link, and SERP’s presented data both are similar. The open graph helps to optimize social sharing and social-presentations of a page or content.
OG tag is not a single meta tag, it is a group of meta tags, contained with title, description, image, site name, etc different types of tags.
Different types of open graph meta tags:
Example: <meta property=”og:description” content=”Description Here.Keep it within 150 chracters.” />
Example: <meta property=”og:site_name” content=”Site Name, i.e. w3Universal” />
Example: <meta property=”og:url” content=”http://www.example.com/” />
Example: <meta property=”og:image” content=”http://example.com/image.jpg” />
Example: <meta property=”og:type” content=”article” />
Example: <meta property=”fb:admins” content=”Facebook numeric ID” />
Boost your website rank by advance SEO frendly meta tag generator.
In the world, comparatively, the mobile user is more than the other device’s user. That is why many search engines rank the web pages by focusing on how mobile-friendly the pages are. So when we look for a perfect SEO, we should need a perfect viewport meta tag. Without this, the page will look like a desktop screen, and all text and object displayed as micro than a normal page.
Hi guys, if you like this post or want to give us something better information, or any question, I’m always with you. Don’t hesitate to share your insight by leaving a comment or message below.